Your new company
Our client is one of Australia’s largest privately owned dredging, civil and marine construction company, with offices all over the southern hemisphere. A well-established company with over 65 years’ experience in the industry. Our client is seeking their newest Payroll and Accounts Receivable Officer to help support their growth.
Your new role
Supporting a team of professionals, the individual will be required to demonstrate initiative and work as an enthusiastic team member in accordance with the organisation’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives. The position of Payroll and Accounts Receivable Officer is required to perform payroll and accounts receivable tasks. The Payroll and Accounts Receivable Officer should be able to perform these duties in an efficient and effective manner.
What you'll need to succeed
- To comply with the tasks and procedures as outlined in the IMS.
- Process end-to-end weekly payroll for permanent and casual staff, ensuring all payroll transactions are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure payroll compliance with Enterprise Agreements, Awards and Employment Contracts
- Processing of leave requests in payroll system
- Manage employee deductions and allowances as necessary
- Upload timesheets entry into payroll system
- Prepare monthly superannuation guarantee reports for approval
- Preparation of payroll tax returns
- Maintain and update Single Touch Payroll system when required
- Annual payment summaries and reconciliations
- Lodge Single Touch Payroll to the ATO
- Regular filing and archiving of payroll information
- Efficiently administering and maintaining weekly payroll processing and personal
- Data including timesheets importing, processing leave requests, processing living away from home allowances.
- Establish and Maintain Employee Records
- Accounts Receivable – Raising Invoices & Deposit Allocations
- Monthly Job cost reporting including setup jobs including cost codes in accounting system
- Upload equipment costs weekly from Fleet system into accounting system.
What you'll get in return
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in documentation, data entry and records management
- Ability to coordinate tasks, set priorities and work to timelines in a pressured and changing environment.
- Competence and the skilled use of computer software programs including the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with multiple awards, enterprise agreements, and contracts is desirable
- Prior Experience in payroll and accounts receivable for a medium or large business is essential
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Prior use of Timberline/TimberScan products advantage but not required
This position is based in the Central Sunshine Coast and is part of a large organisation. You will be part of a team that values innovation, support, and company culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ashley Cavanagh, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508