Your new company
Your new company has been an Australian industry partner to Defence for over 30-years, operating in every Australian State and Territory. As the largest provider of base services, this company delivers services for the maintenance, repair, and support services necessary to sustain land and maritime material for Defence.
Your new role
The purpose of your new role will be conducting maintenance tasks, this includes abrasive blast clean, spray application of protective coatings, paint inspection, preparation of Job Analysis worksheets, any other duties deemed necessary. Your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparing surfaces to be painted by hand or machine
- Mixing and matching paint by eye or by using computer technology to ensure correct colour match
- Applying primer and finishing coats using spray guns and rub down surfaces between coats
- Touching up paintwork and apply polish to vehicles
- Removing masking papers before waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- Painting signs or artwork on vehicles
- Treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
To be successful in this role, you will possess previous experience in a similar role along with:
- Relevant Trade qualifications required or desirable
- Basic knowledge of use and removal of Hazardous Material
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software necessary to support the position
- Current Drivers Licence
- Basic understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Current Police Check
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a position working in the Western suburbs of Brisbane and will be working on exciting projects that are current with a competitive hourly rate. You will have the opportunity to work with like-minded, talented professionals in a Defence environment and play an integral role within the team. To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Madison Stanley at Madison.email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508