Your new company
Hays Recruitment are pleased to represent an established family-owned construction business with the recruitment of a Personal Assistant/Administration Officer. We are seeking a dedicated individual to support the team with the smooth operations of the office and administrative functions.
This role is a full-time permanent position, where you can utilise your strong administration skills as well as develop and grow your career. There vision is to build a sustainable future by achieving excellence in all that they do and through commitment to the growth and development of their company.
Your new role
As the administration officer you will perform administration functions throughout the office and support the General manager in a PA position when needed. This role may exist in conjunction with other positions within the business.
The position is a hands-on role which requires strong organisational skills, Confidence, and attention to detail – you will thrive in a busy environment. As a testament to this businesses culture many of the team have been there for many years due to career progression, environment, projects, and the growth of the business. They are seeking a committed individual who is looking for longevity.
You will also be responsible for but not limited to -
- Front counter/reception support
- All administration functions and support the General Manager
- Providing excellent customer service, and assisting clients with queries both over the phone and in person
- Manage incoming & outgoing correspondence via mail, email, telephone and fax for the General Manager
- Organise appointments, meetings and conferences which may include collating meeting papers, coordinating venues and arranging travel itineraries
- Coordinate, prepare and disburse internal, external and Tender documentation, meeting minutes, financial reviews and associated correspondence.
- Assist with communication between General Manager and Company Directors, and external stakeholders as requested by General Manager
- General filing/ Data Entry
- Phone duties
- Set up board room for meetings / Minute taking for meetings
- Administrative duties as directed by the General Manager
- Research of suppliers and contractors as directed by General Manager
- Assist in sending out quotation requests for tenders
- Assist in Administration for Human Resources, Accounts and Tenders where needed
- Comply with Integrated Management System Procedures and support continuous improvement
- Comply with relevant legislation and regulations
- Other duties as requested by the Office or General Manager
What you'll need to succeed
We are seeking a well presented motivated individual with a sound administration background. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaison with various stakeholders, with the ability to manage confidential information. You will be versatile and be able to think quick on your feet, as well as demonstrated writing skills and advanced MS office skills.
Experience within the construction industry is desirable but not essential, you will be a personable team member with the drive to meet deadlines, deliver and succeed.
What you'll get in return
In return you will gain a Permanent full-time contract with an organisation based in Cairns, paying an attractive yearly salary, Flexible work hours Monday to Friday – you will work in a well-established, friendly, and supportive team.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or for more information please contact Grace Dunn at Hays on 07 4049 2969 or email Grace.Dunn@hays.com.auLHS 297508