Your new company
My client is an established mining organisation based in Western Australia. The organisation is committed to achieving company objectives with a focus on continued exploration, development and operations. To achieve these objectives my client is committed to improving practices to lower costs, increase operational efficiencies to ensure increased production. Due to recent growth, this organisation is seeking a OHSET Superintendent to join their team.
Your new role
This client is looking for an experienced OHSET Superintendent to join the business to be primarily responsible for ensuring the overall team have the systems, processes, knowledge, and training to work and return homes safely each day. As an integral part of the broader team, reporting to the OHSET Manager you will be required to work with all functions of the site including underground, processing, and open pit teams in matters relating to safety and wellness. You will be a champion for safety and risk management, working with the team to create a positive safety and wellness culture.
What you'll need to succeed
As a role model for the broader team you will lead by example and model “what goods looks like”, your commitment to coaching and training will offer support and guidance to the broader team. You will thrive on the success of the team and the business, whereby strong communication and proven change management capabilities will be required.
- Assist the OHSET Manager to develop the overall safety standards and procedures as required to help them manage safety and health of their employees and contractors.
- Work with the OHSET Manager to develop and improve safety standards and procedures alongside change management initiatives, compliance strategies and other business improvement projects for the operations.
- In conjunction with the OHSET Manager, develop and provide initial training and leadership support to all project leaders on the key elements of the Safety Transformation program, employee participation whilst ensuring regular communication, updates and overall progress.
- Engage HSE Representatives to ensure ongoing development, implementation, and continuous improvement of safe behaviour.
- Facilitate Incident/Accident Investigations training process with all key stakeholders, and provide guidance and assistance to all parties to ensure timely and effective closure.
- Assist the OHSET Manager with the implementation of effective legislation changes to all personnel across the project, and ensure the business is prepared for and responds appropriately.
- Maintain industry network to understand industry best practice initiatives and programs as well as contribute to industry forums as appropriate.
- Review and up-date project Risk Register and Safety Management Plans as required with changes resulting from a risk occurrence, implemented control measures, investigation outcome and/or improvement initiative and facilitate regular coaching for key personnel.
- Assist the OHSET Manager with the implementation and ongoing management of the mine site OHSET Plan.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or a related discipline.
- Current “C” class Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Occupational First Aid
- Emergency Response Qualifications
On securing this permanent full-time position you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package. You will be site based and become an integral part of the team. This company offers a great working environment and an opportunity to make a difference as this team builds. This position offers a long-term career perspective with a well-established and recognised business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508