Your new company
This role will be working with local council within the Natural Areas Operations which includes bushland maintenance and weed/erosion control.
Your new role
Demonstrated practical field experience and specialist skills in Natural Areas operations including bushland maintenance, weed/erosion control, safe and competent operation of small plant and equipment, Natural Areas restoration and walking track maintenance. Must have knowledge and identification skills relating to indigenous flora and fauna and exotic species.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Possess formal Natural Resource Management experience or certificates
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on experience in all aspects of planned burning activities and wildfire control strategies and techniques, including the implementation of WH&S policies and procedures in relation to fire management.
- Competent computer skills including GIS
- Ability to participate effectively in a team and foster a positive, collaborative, safe and innovative working environment.
- Possession of a current manual ‘C’ class driver's licence is essential.
- The ability to operate four wheel drive vehicles and acquire an MR licence would be an advantage.
- Possession of an Agricultural Chemical Distribution Control (ACDC) Commercial Operators Licence
- Possession of recognised bushland firefighting qualifications
- Level 1 Firefighting qualification desirable
- Level 1 Operate and Maintain Chainsaw certification from a recognised training provider
- Senior First Aid certificate or the ability to attain.
- Possession of current General Safety Induction (Construction Industry) white card
In return for your work you will get:
What you need to do now
- To be apart of a great team environment
- Potential for ongoing work
- Chance to further develop your skills in the field
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508