Your new company
Our client is an important player in the North Western NSW coal basin. With 20 years' experience and another 22 years life of mine, they are looking for people to join their vibrant team and be a part of the exciting development plan they have for excellence in delivery, safe and efficient production and an environmentally responsible approach to rehabilitation.
Your new role
Joining the Technical Services team as a Mining Engineer in our underground longwall operations will see you carrying out tasks with this, and other teams, to;
- Develop a working knowledge of our underground coal mine including spending time as an UG crew member in LW and Development.
- Demonstrate and develop your working knowledge of the various technical services functions – ventilation, gas drainage, gas monitoring, geotechnical, mine planning and associated management plans.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and communicate these to appropriate stakeholders
- Carry out Senior Mining Engineer role in their absence
- Build your proficiency in software through completion of assigned tasks
What you'll need to succeed
- A Degree in Mining Engineering
- Previous experience in working within a multi-disciplinary environment
- The ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- A methodical, accurate and timely work ethic
- High level of communication and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be motivated, driven, self-directed and focused
- A current drivers licence
What you'll get in return
- An excellent Salary package, relocation assistance and salary sacrifice
- The chance to live in an idyllic country environment – great for family
- 26 weeks of parental leave and 5 weeks of annual leave
- Company ownership through annual share scheme
- Short and long term incentive plans for eligible roles
- The chance to be a part of expanding projects on the company’s horizon
- Women's leadership and mentoring programmes for Senior and emerging talent
- Career training, learning and development
- A financially sound and well established company with a vision to the future
- The chance to be home every night with your family
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Staci Baird on 0414 896 784 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508