Your new company
My client, a Federal Government department, is currently looking to appoint a Media & Communications Advisor for a temporary assignment with possible extension. This is an exciting opportunity that will see you hit the ground running and writing for a range of audiences, whilst dealing with complex media issues.
Your new role
The Media and Communications Adviser will see you assist with the management of agency-wide issues as well as the maintenance of processes and systems to ensure consistent external messaging across the agency. Responsible for writing and distributing media releases, as well as a range of content for digital and traditional channels with limited direction. Furthermore, you will contribute content to the agencies social media platforms writing compelling content to engage with internal and external stakeholders via digital platforms proactively positioning the agency.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
What you'll get in return
- Experience at a similar level within a State, Local or Federal Government department or similar environment
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and further developing effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to translate complex information and write and tailor high-level content suitable for digital and traditional media and other communication channels
- Strong political nous
- Ability to work autonomously to tight deadlines with sound attention to detail
- Proficiency in writing media releases and responding to media as well as writing content for social platforms and other communications material including communication plans
- Possess a current National Police Clearance or be willing to obtain one
- You must be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this position
This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your media and communications experience whilst hitting the ground running in a short-term 6-month temporary assignment.
What you need to do now
Your Marketing, Communications & Digital expert, Sonia Diestel-Feddersen is recruiting this exciting vacancy. If this sounds like the role you have been looking for and you hold all of the above requirements, apply now via the link. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Sonia Diestel-Feddersen on 8231 3688.
If this position isn’t quite right, however you are immediately available seeking temporary work in the areas of: Marketing, Communications, Events, Video Production, Graphic Design, Digital, Content Creation, Web Content Writing or Media Relations please feel free to get in touch to register for temporary work.
Hays is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and encourages our clients in their planning and promoting around diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ, people with disabilities and other diversity groups. Hays recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our clients in delivering a diverse workforce.LHS 297508