Your new company
This Not-For-Profit organisation focuses on advocating for the rights and interests of Traditional Owners to progress wider social, economic, environment & cultural objectives. This organisation is currently seeking an economic development expert to lead a team in the delivery of strategic natural resource management and economic development policy and program outcomes.
Your new role
In this role you will be managing a multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts. You will be tasked with:
What you'll need to succeed
- Delivering strategic policy outcomes focusing on Natural Resource Management and Economic Development that support the rights and interests of Traditional Owners
- High level, strategic advice on socioeconomic impacts of proposed policy and legislative changes
- Providing expert advice to senior internal and external stakeholders and preparation of high-quality briefs, submissions, reports and presentations to senior management and the Board
You will be an experienced team leader with a proven track record of managing multidisciplinary teams. This will be supported by:
What you'll get in return
- Demonstrated experience in policy & strategy development ideally within one of the following areas: land management planning, natural resource management, economic development, or community development
- Knowledge and understanding of the political, social, and economic issues affecting Victorian Traditional Owners and the ability to work collaboratively with Aboriginal people
- High quality written and verbal communication skills to build and maintain stakeholder relationships across government, industry, and community sectors
You will be given opportunity to lead strategic initiatives in the Natural Resource sector and provide expert advice on key policy and legislative changes throughout the State. You will also be a key contributor for an organisation advocating for the rights and interests of Victoria’s Traditional Owners.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Laughlan Judge on (03) 8616 8403 or Laughlan.Judge@hays.com.au now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. Alternatively, if this role would be of interest to anyone you know please don't hesitate to pass on this advertisement or my contact details.LHS 297508