Your new company
This Gold Coast and New South Wales based construction Company has a solid reputation for successfully delivering commercial/civil projects valued up to $40M. With a large pipeline of work and a steady increase in projects, they require an experienced Civil Leading Hand to join their team.
Your new role
The company currently has a permanent full-time position for someone with strong experience in project delivery. You will be working alongside project engineers & managers on a diverse range of civil and building infrastructure in Northern NSW. You will be coordinating with internal and external recourses but also can work autonomously. You will be responsible for managing safety requirements and ensuring these requirements are adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be an experienced Leading Hand / Foreman with a focus on administering Quality, Safety and Environmental management. You will have a focus on delivering quality projects and overseeing site functions. You will need to work autonomously at times and coordinate internal and external resources. We require an individual with experience managing a workforce of supervision, labour and subcontractors. A history of working alongside a team of engineers, but also has the ability to manage a site with minimal input. Preference for the candidate will have a solid foundation in typical civil works including earthworks, pavement, services, structural concrete and logistically challenging applications. The candidate needs to be familiar with the implementation of systems (QA/Safety/Environmental etc.), and an attention to detail with appreciate of project drawings and specifications. Skills & Experience
What you'll get in return
- Qualifications relevant to the role
- Cert III in Civil Construction or higher
- Extensive experience in civil construction
- Proven 3 years minimum experience in the role, working for government clients
- Have sound understanding and working from project Drawings and Specifications
- Excellent communication and personal skills
- A person who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and quality driven
- Be able to work successfully in a team environment (this is not negotiable; you must fit in with our Company Culture)
- Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and to our high standards
- Good computer/ mobile device skills for daily use of Programs & Apps (e.g. Procore)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to be a part of a well renowned and stable organisation. A competitive salary is on offer to the right candidate that will be reflective of their skills and experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' and to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ella.Doyle@hays.com.au or call us now on 07 5526 4291.LHS 297508