Your new company
An exciting job has arisen for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join their diverse, high performing design team. As one of the region’s leading Engineering consultancies, this company is highly regarded within the industry as a specialist across a variety of business sectors. They offer excellent opportunities for career development for that progressive and results-driven candidate as well as great working conditions. They are looking for the right person to both lead and mentor within the team and help develop the business.
Your new role
This senior position will require hands-on involvement in investigations and mechanical assessments, as well as reviewing and certifying designs by others. You will be expected to assist with the ongoing growth of the business through new business development and the management of budgets and relationships with existing clients. Being able to deliver exceptional delivery in the end-to-end process from tender proposal to completion and to do so in conjunction with all areas of the business will see you excel in this role.
What you'll need to succeed
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree bringing with you at least 15 years heavy industry experience
- You will hold, or be eligible for, Chartered membership of Engineers Australia - CPEng/RPEQ
- You will possess demonstrable experience in design analysis, product design and project management. Strong working knowledge of Strand7 and MathCAD software
- An understanding of, and experience managing design budgets will be essential as will excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound understanding of Australian design codes, solid proven experience in engineering investigation and report writing skills
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with an excellent working environment that encourages personal growth and development and supports you through internal training and opportunities. You will have the chance to hone your skills across a number of Engineering businesses and to deal with some of the area’s most respected companies. A very attractive annual salary package is also on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role and meet all of the criteria, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws at Hays Engineering now on 02 4032 8650
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.