Your new company
A leading and global mining organisation in the Bowen Basin (circa two hours from Mackay) are seeking a permanent DIDO IT Systems Engineer to work on the IT infrastructure, systems and networking of one of their key QLD based mine sites!
Your new role
Your new role will see you work within a professional and dedicated multi-disciplinary technology team comprised of IT infrastructure, systems and networking engineers to work on a variety of in-process and upcoming projects. These projects are aimed to not only further enhance this organisations mining operations in the region, but to improve the working lives of hundreds of users across the site.
To do this you will be designing, building and maintaining their current and new IT/network infrastructure whilst liaising with various IT teams throughout the organisation to implement and deploy different technologies to an industry/organisational standard and in accordance with the roadmap set out by the IT leadership.
This role will operate within a DIDO capacity (Drive In, Drive Out) in which you will be required to drive to site after which all accommodation and meals will be provided.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need experience/knowledge across some of the following:
- The Microsoft tech stack – such as Windows Server, Windows 10, Azure, Active Directory, PowerShell, Microsoft 365 etc
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V
- Hardware (Desktops, Laptops, Mobile Devices etc) deployment/rollouts
- Networking/Infrastructure platforms (Switches, Routers, etc)
- Own transport to drive to site (after which everything else will be provided)
- Full Australian working rights are required
Not a necessity but nice to have:
What you'll get in return
- Previous mining experience
- Standard 11 and Coal Board Medical can be supplied however having these would be a bonus
- PABX Systems, fibre optic/copper cabling and wireless/mesh radio technologies are not a necessity but would be advantageous
You will be offered a permanent role with a leading and global mining organisation in the Bowen Basin including free accommodation located in a purpose-built town (equipped with a village, mess facility, pools, gyms, etc) to cater to the professionals of this organisation alongside discretionary bonus’s among other benefits. Whilst located inland, this role is within a two-hour drive from Mackay to make travelling whenever wanted/needed a reality!
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or email an up to date resume to Toby.Applegate@Hays.com.au. If this role isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position please do not hesitate to get in touch.LHS 297508