Your New Company
Working for this Government organisation within the telecommunications industry. They are seeking a self-motivated Inventory Officer to work a twelve-month contract with the potential to extend another year to join their collaborative team located at Sunshine West.
Your new role As a hands-on Inventory Officer of this innovative company, day to day you will;
- Co-ordinate the receipt, storage, selection, packaging, loading and distribution of goods into the physical and system environments.
- Ensure incoming inventory is inspected to quality control specifications.
- Monitor and maintain stock against inventory levels.
- Maintain the company’s Inventory Management system including accurate records and coordinate stock counts. Provide expertise and knowledge to improve the operation of the warehouse and controlling the flow/costs of stock.
- Provide technical expertise to make decisions, analyse faults and provide advice for the resolution of telecommunication network faults and maintenance provisions as required.
- Provide expertise and knowledge to facilitate access, and network changes on company’s telecommunications network or company owned, leased or managed environments.
- Participate and contribute to the identification of issues impacting the performance and integrity of the warehouse and the telecommunications network and provide solutions to address any issues that may adversely impact the operation of the network.
- Provide technical knowledge to implement innovative and cost-effective solutions to meet or exceed warehouse co-ordination and the Telecommunications operational business requirements or customer needs in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the appropriate Australian standards, the company’s policies, OH&S Storage & Handling processes, governance and standards including all warehouse and Telecommunications policies and practices are adhered to at all times.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed within this role as the Inventory Officer, you will need to have;
- Forklift Licence.
- Rail Industry Train Track Safety Awareness – Level 1 or ability to obtain.
- Rail Industry Safety and Environment Induction or the ability to obtain.
- Experience in inventory/warehouse coordination/supervision.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment or related industry preferred.
- Experience in project scheduling and co-ordination, including budgets, or project co-ordination in a telecommunications environment.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on attention to detail and compliance with standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
What you'll get in return
Along with working innovative organisation, you will have access to:
- An excellent, high performing working culture.
- Opportunity to work with clients as leaders in their field.
- Competitive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ken.firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508