Your new company
Hays Legal have partnered with this leading insurance company to assist in recruiting a motivated and passionate Litigation Lawyer . This organisation provides both consumer and business insurance products to the Australian and New Zealand market through a variety of well recognised brands.
Your new role
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to deliver high quality legal services in providing advice and assistance to the company in relation to significant disputes and litigation, champion ethical conduct and practices, build partnerships and work collaboratively in a high performing, customer-focussed team.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Admitted to practice as a Lawyer in Australia
- At least 3 years post admission experience working on complex large-scale disputes and litigation, preferably related to insurance claims and disputes, gained at a major law firm, with prior experience in an in-house legal team (including through secondment) strongly preferred.
- Well developed understanding of Federal and State court rules and procedure.
- Well developed understanding of the general insurance and financial services industry highly desirable.
- Well-developed legal skills (e.g. written and verbal communications, preparing and reviewing court documents and other relevant materials, preparing legal analysis and advice, conducting factual investigations, contract drafting and negotiation, relationship building).
- Well developed stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships and proactively provide customer centric solutions.
You will be provided the opportunity to elevate or kick start your in house legal career with an leading insurance provider. This organisation places high value on their employee well-being and supports flexible work practices. The Legal team has a supportive culture with an extremely high engagement rating.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call Laura Keegan on 02 8062 6176 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508