Your new company
We’re seeking an engaged and motivated Supervisor to mentor and manage a multi-disciplinary team of Hydraulic, Geotechnical, and Subdivision Engineers in assessing the development applications of the City following current engineering principles and town planning practices. There will be a focus on establishing mentoring opportunities and development plans to empower and increase the capability of your new team. You will be joining a fast-paced and supportive professional team environment. We value growing professional capability by encouraging a learning and knowledge-sharing environment.
Your new role
The role requires you to provide professional advice to Council on statutory approvals, engineering standards, flooding, and stormwater matters. The position will lead the assessment of the suitability of proposed developments with particular emphasis on the hydraulic and stormwater management issues associated with the City’s extensive waterway and flood plain systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage risks to the City by checking officer recommendations for inclusion in Planning reports and City decisions.
- Provide high-level specialist advice as a stakeholder to the various sections within Council.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff within the Hydraulics and Water Quality team, as well as professional advice to other Assessment teams.
- Provide representation on complex flooding matters for appeal matters, Committee, and Council meetings.
- Proactively manage officers in their assessment of complex flooding matters ensuring legislative time frames are being met.
- Work collaboratively and productively to ensure timely technical responses can be prepared for planning, engineering staff, and Councillors, as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
- Postgraduate qualification(s) in hydrology, hydraulics, water engineering, or environmental engineering, including working experience in hydraulic engineering is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge and experience of various computer modelling techniques and packages on 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling, hydrologic modelling, and stormwater drainage/network modelling.
- An awareness of general environmental planning and best management practices regarding Geotechnical engineering, stormwater management, flooding, and hydraulic conveyance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) principles and their use in urban development.
- A sound understanding of development assessment.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and articulate complex/technical matters.
- You have exceptional people management skills and can bring your team together with a shared purpose.
What you'll get in return
This permanent position will provide an opportunity to be working in a professional and interactive strategic team. You will be exposed to a diverse workload and be a part of a friendly and supportive working environment. This position is an immediate start, based on the beautiful Gold Coast and offering a competitive remuneration plus up to 12% employer superannuation contribution is on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call us now on 07 5526 4291.LHS 297508