Your new company
Our client, a successful local company specialised in Civil construction, is recruiting a talented HSE Manager to work on various projects in the Darwin area, among which the upgrade of a marine facility on a government contract.
Your new role
As a HSE Manager, you will be responsible to implement the HSEQ program on site and make sure that the projects are delivered in accordance with the contract conditions, the legal standards, and regulations as well as the company’s requirements for quality and safety. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Darwin.
Your key responsibilities will be:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure implementation of the HSEQ program on site.
- Conduct site inductions for the staff on site and assess training needs if required.
- Conduct site inspections and assist in safety investigations.
- Review, monitor, and audit subcontractors for compliance to HSEQ activities.
- Organise and conduct toolbox meetings.
- Identify and assess any foreseeable risk arising from the workplace or work processes.
What you'll get in return
- Certificate IV or other relevant Diploma or Degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Previous experience working as a HSE Advisor, preferably for Marine or Construction projects.
- Previous experience in coaching or training.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy and strong attention to details.
You will join a highly skilled team in the Civil Construction sector and participate in complex and challenging projects in the Darwin area.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Victor LAURENT at Hays on 0889436036 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508