Your new company
Your new company has been an Australian industry partner to Defence for over 30-years, operating in every Australian State and Territory. As the largest provider of base services, this company delivers services for the maintenance, repair, and support services necessary to sustain land and maritime material for Defence. Due to an influx in work, there are multiple positions available in Amberley, Enoggera, and Damascus.
Your new role
In your new role, you will become a part of a tight knit team who assist the Defence Force in delivering capabilities.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanic position purpose:
- To perform all trade related tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant, and equipment. Operate machinery and assist in non-mechanical maintenance and construction tasks as required
Fitter position purpose:
What you'll need to succeed
- A fitter armourer undertakes weapons maintenance on specialist Defence equipment. This includes installation, inspection, repair, modification and reconditioning of military armaments, watercraft, and small engines, and performs general engineering tasks. Conducts all cleaning, repair, and maintenance in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
To be successful in the role, you will possess previous experience in a similar role along with:
- Relevant Trade Qualification
- Possess a current Australian State or territory class C Driver’s Licence
- HR Truck licence required for the Heavy Vehicle Mechanic role
- Current Police Clearance or ability to obtain
Please note Australian Citizenship is essential for this position as you will be required to have a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be offered a position working on exciting projects along with:
- A competitive hourly rate
- Starting in a contract capacity with the view to go permanent
- The opportunity to work with like-minded, talented professionals in a Defence environment and play an integral role within the team
- Half day on Fridays
- Career progression opportunities
To jump on-board with this excellent company, apply today!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Madison Stanley at Madison.email@example.com. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508