Groundsperson – Permanent Opportunity Seeking a qualified Groundsperson within a school, based in the Inner suburbs – permanent position!
Your new company
Our client a prestigious school and they are seeking a qualified, reliable, and highly motivated grounds person to join their busy team in the maintenance and presentation of the grounds. This permanent role will be predominately working across multiple campuses based in the Inner Suburbs of Melbourne.
Your new role
As a school grounds person your role will involve working alongside the established grounds team to help maintain the school’s ovals, grounds, and gardens to the highest of standards. See examples of duties below:
- Ensure the professional presentation of the school gardens and landscaped areas
- Carryout the maintenance of all plants, chemical application, mulching, etc.
- Maintain hedges, prune trees when required and carry out seasonal pruning
- Ensuring Fields, lawn areas and gardens are prepared in a professional manner
- Operate machinery in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure safe delivery and management of horticulture supplies
- Assist outside contractors when required
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful, you must be someone who can work well within a team, take initiative independently and takes pride in what they do. You must have experience within either commercial or large-scale domestic grounds maintenance/gardening.
You must also hold the below credentials:
- Relevant Gardens Qualification (Essential)
- Chemical users certificate (Essential)
- Experience working within a school or sports field environment (desired)
- Employee Working with Children's Check (or willing to obtain)
- COVID Vaccination
- Drivers’ licence
What you'll get in return
- $62k - $65k (dependant on experience) plus 10% superannuation.
- Permanent position with leave entitlements
- Free onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or contact Jamieson Stefanac on 0493 257 851 or Jamieson.firstname.lastname@example.orgLHS 297508