3- month Governance Coordinator position with a Local Government Organisation
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of key governance initiatives under the guidance of the Senior Manager Governance and Risk
- Provide statutory interpretation, policy development, implementation and ongoing review in
support of Lead the engagement of stakeholders in ensuring effective governance administration and
- Manage the implementation of the Governance Audit Recommendations and subsequent
reporting to the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Provide sound governance advice to the Leadership Team, staff and the community
- Maintain and update governance registers, including delegations, policies conflict of interest, gifts and benefits, and secondary employment to meet legislative requirements
- Coordinate request for reimbursements in accordance with the Councillor Expenses and Facilities policy
- Coordinate work plans for Governance staff to provide efficient and effective support for staff Maintain up to date Governance information on Council’s website
- Assist the Senior Manager Governance & Risk in the conduct of Mayoral, Deputy Mayor and local government elections
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Law, Local Government, Commerce, or similar relevant area, and/or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in government preferred
- Significant experience in statutory interpretation, policy development, and the planning and coordination of governance reviews and initiatives.
- Experience in the administration and training of policy implementation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports that can be readily understood by Councillors, staff and the community.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and the ability to maintain strong working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and stakeholder representatives.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety, ethical practice
What you will receive:
Initial 3-month contract role, flexible work options. If you are interested in this role and feel you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed, please email your resume Julie.email@example.com.LHS 297508