Your new company
Waverley is a diverse and innovative Council located in the heart of Sydney's Eastern Suburbs. With a broad range of services, programs and initiatives, Waverley is one of the leading local government areas in NSW.
Your new role
As a governance officer you will provide advice and support services to Councillors, the Executive, the Executive Manager and other staff in the delivery of robust programs, processes and systems to facilitate outcomes that are optimal and achievable, legislatively compliant and within the parameters of Council’s governance framework.
- Develop and implement programs, processes and systems across the organisation to facilitate and deliver best practice corporate governance.
- Provide authoritative advice and customer focused support to elected members, the General Manager, Director, Executive, Executive Manager and other staff on statutory compliance regulation and ethical conduct.
- Develop, critically review and implement policies and procedures to maintain high standards of corporate governance that meet statutory requirements, and provide support to Council staff in the development of policies and procedures.
- Interpret legislation, policy and other regulations and recommend courses of action.
- Research, evaluate and write detailed reports for the Director, Executive Manager and elected Council recommending courses of action.
- Decide and manage applications and reviews under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- Manage and co-ordinate all aspects of support for meetings of Council and its committees in compliance with statutory requirements, including providing advice of effective decision-making, preparing agendas and minutes and taking live on-screen minutes.
- Undertake statutory reporting as required by the NSW Local Government Act 1993 and the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009.
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide support for local government elections including the provision of candidate information, advertising, Returning Officer support and liaison and roll maintenance.
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Business or Law or related field or equivalent experience.
- Highly developed writing skills.
- Ability to scope and lead special project teams and to develop strategic priorities
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to facilitate complex situations.
- Strong commitment to delivering quality customer service.
- Experience in using InfoCouncil.
What you'll get in return
- Significant experience in corporate governance.
This is a short-term contract with possibility of extension offering a daily rate of $50/hour plus super.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Veronia.email@example.com or call Veronia on 02 8226 9621.LHS 297508