Your new company
Friendly local council based in Perth's inner west
Your new role
Seeking an experienced Governance officer to join their Governance team on a contract basis
Key duties of the role as follows:
What you'll need to succeed
- Research and drafting of Council reports and monitoring of legislative changes
- Support for Council and Committee meetings include back up minute taking and support for the agenda/minute build process
- Coordinate the annual Delegations Review
- Management of the Attain Delegations database and allocation of delegations and authorisations on a periodic basis through liaison with relevant Directors and managers.
- Coordinate the policy review process in line with the Town’s Policy Framework and in consultation with relevant managers and staff.
- Coordinate the biennial local government elections
- Maintain statutory compliance and governance registers, including meeting related registers
- Management and maintenance of the Town’s Compliance Calendar
- Coordinate the annual Primary and Annual Returns and Related Party Disclosure process
- Assist with coordination of the Town’s Annual’s Compliance Return
- Assist with drafting and compilation of Governance contributions to the Annual Report
- Oversight, implementation and ongoing review of the Town’s Governance Framework
- Coordinate regular reporting updates to Council including Audit Logs and IPRF reporting
- Be engaged in sustainability initiatives and proactively suggest ways to improve recycling, energy and water consumption in Town operations
What you'll get in return
- Experience in the provision of advice and guidance to managers and staff on technical, legislative and governance matters.
- Good organisational skills including the ability to work under pressure and track and monitor the completion of tasks in line with statutory requirements.
- Highly developed oral and written communications with the ability to liaise staff at all levels and write straightforward documents and reports.
- Proven ability to research, analyse, resolve and provide clear advice on issues.
- Qualifications at Cert IV level in business administration, legal studies, or a related discipline are preferred, but applicants with foundational qualifications will be considered. Local government knowledge is highly regarded.
Due to some internal movement within the team, the manager is seeking a contactor to come on board ASAP. On offer is a competitive hourly rate, friendly team environment and onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508