Your new company
Our Client is a leading expert in Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Mining Engineering and Corporate Advisory. They work with industry leaders in mine design, evaluation, and analysis in order to provide expertise and on-site geotechnical support to open cut coal and hard rock operations. Due some success with recent projects they are looking to engage a Senior/Project Geotechnical Engineer in their team.
Your new role
As the Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will take part in the design assessments looking at 2D and 3D limit equilibrium and finite element analysis, Kinematic and rock fall assessments, I-site structural mapping, Geotechnical reconciliation of design and Geotechnical reporting and characterisation assessments. Additionally, the role also requires business development where you will be promoting the company to new and existing clients. The role also entails providing on-site geotechnical support to clients through the following areas:
What you'll need to succeed
- Data collection: Structural mapping, piezometers and drilling data
- Hazard identification and assessment
- Hazard awareness training
- Providing ad hoc geotechnical advice
- Management of any slope monitoring
To succeed with your application, you will ideally have experience in the following:
What you'll get in return
- Experience in design or operation-based role
- Experience in coal and hard rock mining
- Tertiary qualifications in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or similar
- Exposure to Rocscience (or similar) design software
- Experience with Slope Stability Radar would be favourable
- Ability to integrate and work in a team environment
The client is offering you the opportunity to work with and alongside industry leaders on Tier 1 projects, providing development and growth opportunities in a well-supported team dynamic. The role is a permanent opportunity, based predominately in their Brisbane office, with occasional site travel where they provide WFH flexibility and other incentives. They are offering an attractive salary, along with superannuation and yearly KPI bonuses.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508