Your new company
We are currently recruiting the new General Manager of Retail for a small but well-established energy company with offices in Darwin and Alice Springs. They service the electricity needs of small & large businesses & residential customers in the Northern Territory.
Your new role
In the role of General Manager – Retail, the Employee is required to do all things reasonably necessary for the successful management of the Company’s retail electricity business. As General Manager – Retail the Employee is responsible to the Managing Director for duties as are entrusted to him by the Managing Director from time to time including without limitation the following:
- Develop, prepare and implement an appropriate budget and business plan (Retail Business Plan) for the Company in accordance with shareholder requirements and make all reasonable efforts to meet or exceed such requirements. It is accepted that shareholder requirements may change from time to time at the shareholders discretion and subject to trading conditions and company performance.
- Monitoring and ensuring that all contractual Company obligations are diarised and reported to the Managing Director including licence obligations, customer billing, vendor payments, market settlements, financial securities, and the like.
- Collecting and maintaining records required to demonstrate conformance with customer, statutory, legislative, quality and safety requirements relevant to the Company.
Plan, direct, or coordinate the retailing functions of the Company including:
- Budgeting and forecasting retail load and customer acquisition
- Account management of existing large C&I customers
- Management of retail team members in sales and account management of SME and Residential customers
- Demonstrate a proactive and ongoing commitment to the success of the HSE / QMS systems.
- At all times and in all respects conform to and comply with all relevant laws, and the policies or procedures of the Company that have been communicated to the Employee, relating to the conduct of the affairs of the Company.
What you'll need to succeed Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications
- Retail experience in the National Energy Market (NEM) preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Business development experience
What you'll get in return
This role is a great opportunity for a senior leader to join a local organisation during an exciting growth period.
What you need to do now
Apply direct or feel free to contact Michael Psalios on (08) 8943 6035 for a confidential discussion. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.LHS 297508