Your new company
Our client is an international defence and aerospace company responsible for the fabrication and maintenance of tanks, submarines, warships, fighter jets and weapons. They are proud of their ethical stance towards the environment, community, and the well-being of their employees. Due to a vacancy in the team, they are looking for a qualified Fitter Armourer, or Machine Fitter looking to upskill.
Your new role
You’ll be part of a small team of vehicle mechanics and an electronics technician, working on light armour vehicles. You’ll be responsible for the servicing, inspection, repair and maintenance of a Defence fleet, as well as the assembly of vehicles to technical drawings spec
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to read drawings / routings.
- Must presently hold or be able to gain and maintain an Australian Security Clearance
- Attend medical assessments as required
- Qualified machine fitter as a minimum, M1A1 MBT & ASLAV platform Fitter Armourer trade qualification desirable
- HR license desirable.
- Previous Defence work history desirable.
What you need to do now
- Permanent position
- Opportunity for bonuses
- Scope to develop within the business
- 9-day fortnight
If you’re interested, click ‘apply now’ or for more information and to find out about other opportunities in Trades & Labour, contact Erin Short at Hays on 08 7221 4105 or email email@example.com
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508