Your new company
FITT Resources Pty Ltd is a subsidiary of Diploma PLC, an international group listed on the UK Stock Exchange, and supplying specialised technical products and services. Diploma PLC is a FTSE 250 company on the London Stock Exchange with a market capitalisation of £2.7b.
FITT Resources is a specialist supplier of premium mechanical engineering products, parts and servicing. It is an ISO 9001 and AS4801 certified company with representation in Sydney, Queensland and South Australia.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the FITT Resources team in this newly created role. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be the principal support to the Financial Manager helping to create a best in practice finance team that delivers timely and robust financial information to the business.
This position is integral and pivotal to the success of the organisation. You will be responsible for the provision of financial accounting services, including the preparation of period end close reports, maintenance and development of reconciliations of GL accounts and the preparation of GST, FBT and Payroll Tax reports.
You will also deliver comprehensive management reporting on a monthly and adhoc basis. Responsible for assisting with forecasts, budgets and variance analysis, you will work closely with the business to communicate financial information to stakeholders and play an integral part in the organisation’s continuing growth.
Your Primary Objectives
- Supporting the Finance Manager in all aspects of financial reporting including P&L group reporting, balance sheet and statutory reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including journals, general ledger reconciliations, profit & loss accounts as well as maintaining balance sheet schedules in a timely manner
- Assist with the provision of variance / financial / trend analysis for monthly financial review
- Ensure a high level of accuracy of fixed asset register and coordinate annual physical fixed asset count
- Accurate inventory reporting & accounting, analysing inventory variances and liaising with the operation teams on remedial action to ensure operational efficiency
- Staff payroll processing, calculating payroll liabilities, processing journals and reconciling payroll related accounts
- Reconciliation / administration of payroll deductions, superannuation and payroll tax
- Preparation of monthly BAS and assisting in preparation of Income Tax and FBT returns
- Assist in cashflow management and forecasting
- Assist with the external audit process including preparation of supporting working papers
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, including internal control practices
- Assist in identifying operational cost efficiencies
- Providing financial support to the business on various improvement projects and ad hoc tasks
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist with projects, acquisitions and adhoc requests from management
This is a great job for a Financial/Management accountant who can demonstrate success in a similar broad and hands on role. You, at least, possess tertiary qualification and you are working towards your CPA qualification.
You are someone who is determined to meet deadlines and someone who can demonstrate a high level of analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. You communicate at the highest level and you are someone who takes pride in everything that you do. The right candidate will have a strong commitment to their own professional development and the development of the business.
What you'll get in return
This job is a definite career opportunity. You will be coached through the next stage of your career by a supportive Finance Manager and you will be given the opportunity to progress with the organisation as it grows.
What you need to do now
For more information on this role apply online or email email@example.comLHS 297508