Your new company
Join one of Australia’s leading General Insurance companies which has a renowned workplace culture. Based in the Sydney CBD, our client is seeking a Financial Accountant for a 9 month term, with the potential to go permanent.
Your new role
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for all regulatory reporting obligations, actively participate in the implementation of changes driven by regulatory requirement changes and accounting standard changes. In addition, the role will require you to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensure all regulatory returns are prepared in accordance with regulatory requirements and submitted on time, undertaking data analysis and validation of regulatory returns.
- Remain up to date on APRA prudential standards and reporting requirements, interpret APRA guidelines changes and asses the impacts on regulatory reporting and capital requirements.
- Identify issues, information gaps for regulatory reporting and engaging across various divisions to continuously improve and streamline the regulatory reporting process.
- Responsible for monthly capital base and dividend estimations, monitor the capital adequacy position for the company and flag any issues.
- Support annual S&P review meeting and the presentation pack maintain the company’s credit rating.
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, along with being CA/ CPA qualified.
- Experience in performing APRA/ regulatory reporting function in a medium to large financial services organisation.
- Solid knowledge of Accounting standards and APRA prudential standards.
- Ability to manage internal client expectations to ensure matters are appropriately dealt with in accordance with an agreed timeline and scope.
This role provides great exposure across multiple business functions. This role is for a 9 month term paying between $500 - $700/ day (incl super).
What you need to do now
If you are interested pursuing this role, please contact me on 02 8226 9729, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new job in Senior Finance please call me for a confidential discussion.LHS 297508