Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a federal government organisation to recruit a Finance Officer in a temporary capacity.
Your new role
The Finance Officer is accountable under general direction to undertake moderately complex finance related activities and tasks within established procedures and guidance. The incumbent may have a considerable level of contact with internal and external stakeholders and will be required to communicate with and provide advice on a range of matters.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Analysing and interpreting statistical reports to assist with the development of work plans and strategic planning.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure effective and timely implementation of projects.
- Coordinating and providing cost estimates for all internal and external requests for changes to systems.
- Developing correspondence for stakeholders, such as financial reports, corporate documentation and responses to ministerial submissions.
- Exercising appropriate delegations in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
- Managing quality assurance activities and outcomes including the use of integrity/error reporting and the coordination of quality audits.
- Preparing a range of written material including business cases, reports and corporate documentation.
- Undertaking quality assurance of feasibility and cost estimates, assumptions and justifications.
- Undertaking detailed financial analysis of branch/division’s variance to budget and forecast.
- Undertaking financial administration and across the division’s cost centres and projects, including budgets, monitoring, forecasting and accruals.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Membership of CPA or other equivalent professional finance bodies.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance.
- Extensive direct finance experience performing and delivering complex financial and governance outcomes.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP
- Ability to generate and interpret data reports
- Skilled communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate of $58.50 per hour plus super, full-time hours and an initial 12-month contract, with the possibility of an extension.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV. For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.LHS 297508