Your new company
Join an industry leading food production company on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, seeking a permanent full time Finance Officer to join their fast paced and supportive Accounting team.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Support most aspects of accounting management
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Prepare weekly snapshot to display actual and forecasted figures
- Responsible for all Payroll functions and tasks and all associated payments and government reporting
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Assisting with all end of month tasks – accruals, prepayments, balance sheets recs, monthly report updates and analysis.
- Produce Item Costings and process updates for current products in the inventory system.
- Staff liaison officer
- Oversee Accounts Payable coding, entering and payment runs.
- Check Grower and AP supplier payment runs before finalised.
- Be responsible for Petty Cash, Credit Card Recon, daily Bank Reconciliation.
- Backup cover for AP, Backflushing, AR & Financial Controller
- Ad-hoc tasks, reporting, documentation & projects as required
- Relevant experience, ideally in an accounting or payroll
What you'll get in return
- knowledge of general accounting procedures & processes
- knowledge of relevant accounting software
- proficient in data entry and management
- 1-3 years general accounting experience
What you need to do now
- A fantastic opportunity to develop your skills further with an employer of choice on the Coast
- Opportunity to work closely with industry experts
- Permanent full-time employment with flexible working hours
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ashley Cavanagh, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508