Your new company
Hays Ballarat have proudly partnered with Central Highlands Water who are the regional water corporation to all customers throughout the central highlands region of Victoria based from their head office in Ballarat. CHW has a proud history supporting regional prosperity by providing excellence in water, sewerage and recycled water services to the region for more than 150 years.
Your new role
This newly created position of Finance Business Partner - ASSETS, has been established to be a trusted advisor for the business and be an interface for clear and user friendly information between operations and finance. You will manage the delivery of high quality, efficient and accurate Asset Accounting and Management Reporting on Assets.
You will build and foster relationships with the managers and their teams across the business and regularly meet to discuss monthly budget, forecast variances, trends and drivers of the financial results. You will drive the preparation process for annual budgets and forecasts and provide financial support to projects and programs specifically looking for business improvement opportunities.
Day to day duties of the role to name a few will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Management and maintenance of fixed asset registers and also the WIP
- Process and reconcile monthly accruals for Capex and Opex
- Produce balance sheet rec's and financial reporting on a monthly basis
- Assist in the yearly budget and forecast function, specifically relating to asset accounting
What you'll get in return
- Tertiary qualification (Degree minimum) in Business or Accounting with current membership of ICAA or CPA.
- Post qualification experience in a relevant accounting or finance role.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of business focused analysis, strategic advice and support across the organisation, with a focus on identifying and driving business improvements.
- Demonstrated understanding of project capital expenditure and experience with fixed asset register reconciliations
- Advanced demonstrated Microsoft Excel skills and working knowledge of a range of software applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the application of accounting standards (AIFRS).
- Experience of the Water Industry or other regulated industry is preferred.
This is a permanent full-time position based on site at Central Highlands Water Head office in Ballarat. There is some opportunity for partial WFM flexibility. You will have access to further training and development opportunities and future career advancement opportunities. You will be part of an organisation that strongly promotes work life balance, flexibility, safety and wellbeing and strive to make a difference to the community.
This is a CHWEA Band 4 position with a salary banding of between $90 - $115k plus super commensurate on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Hays Director Adam Swinton at email@example.com for a private and confidential discussion.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508