Your new company
A State Government Department which provides access, engagement, and scientific research to increase the understanding of the culture and history of the Australasian region.
Your new role
The purpose of the position, of Finance Officer, is to deliver financial accounting services in accordance with legislation and the Government's policies and procedures; and to develop/implement best practice procedures which meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for the review of invoices and payments scheduled for suppliers (creditors) to ensure a high timeliness and accuracy.
- Carryout Cashflow monitoring and reporting to ensure cash balances are accurate and adequate for payment requirements.
- Carryout review of payments to staff for travel, petty cash claims, etc. to ensure accuracy and timelines
- Preparation a delivery of accounting and reporting information for monthly and ad-hoc business partner communications with the business
- Oversee sales invoicing and maintenance of the Debtors Ledger to ensure timely recognition of revenue and recovery of bad debts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank, suppliers, and Fixed Asset register which confirm balance sheet is correct and reflective of true business financial position.
- Creation of capital codes and related internal orders in timely fashion to support wider business manager requirements.
What you'll get in return
- Substantial experience in Government accounting practices is essential.
- Proven experience in the use of computerised accounting systems and spreadsheet packages is also essential.
- Experience using SAP
- Accountancy Degree and/or equivalent experience in financial services role.
What you need to do now
- Contracted till March 2023
- Monday to Friday - Office based in CBD
- Pay rate: $53.02ph plus super.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email Amelia.Hubbard@hays.com.auLHS 297508