Your new company
Several of our NSW government clients across Sydney (Sydney CBD, Parramatta, WFH) in some of the state's most reputable departments have notified us of recruits currently going through approvals that will need to be turned around at short notice - we will need Accounts Payable Candidates registered to fulfil the needs of these upcoming roles.
Your new role
The positions will operate within a Finance team across a State Government Department, and would provide high-quality and accurate processing of transactions and enquires, ensuring that issues are resolved satisfactorily, speedily and in compliance whist meeting service performance targets.
Day to Day duties will include;
- Investigate and resolve aged items
- Prepare cash forecasting
- Complete day-to-day financial tasks and transactions including data entry, the timely and accurate processing of invoices and credits, verifying, classifying, computing, and recording accounts payable data, and the reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Prepare and process all scheduled payment runs
- Maintaining strong stakeholder relationships
- Learning and navigating through various computer systems
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Experience working in accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or banking and revenue, including the management and resolution of disputes and discrepancies.
- Experience with and sound understanding of relevant legislation, regulations, accounting principles, standards and policies.
- Advanced capability to communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately both orally and in writing.
- Experience using multiple computer-based systems and ability to learn new systems
- Intermediate in Excel.
Contract durations are typically 3-6 months, however we sometimes get roles in for as short as one month if you are interested in something shorter term. Contracts often have the potential for extension and tend to pay between $30 and $45 per hour + super (these details will be clarified in regards to specific roles when they are officially released). These working environments are often described by our contractors as supportive and inclusive office cultures, with interactive training to set you up for success.
What you need to do now
Submit your application using the Apply Now button. Within 24 hours of your application submission, you will receive an online form via SMS/Email which you should complete at your earliest convenience. Please note, this online form should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete and is required for your application to be considered. Should you meet the requirements for one of these roles a Hays Consultant will endeavour to contact you with relevant roles as they are released.
You can send your up to date resume to the following email - Tahlia.firstname.lastname@example.orgLHS 297508