Your new company
Our client is a landmark coastal resort with over 300 rooms, a convention centre, sporting fields, gymnasium, tropical swimming pool, a Lagoon for water activities and multiple food and beverage offerings. Our client is seeking Events Executive to join their enthusiastic team, with a goal to create memorable events for the customers and guests.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Co-ordinate between conferencing and other relevant departments to ensure that preparations for events have been made
- Co-ordination and hosting of site inspections with clients to work through details of their upcoming events.
- Working closely with our onsite partners to achieve successful events.
- Making sure all invoices are completed and prepaid prior to the event, and finalising accounts once the event has concluded with the relevant paperwork.
- Strive to reach nominated department targets in line with each Financial Year or Calendar Year budget
- Represent the Resort and attend networking functions and expo’s as required
- Assist event day preparation and operation
- Attend as required weekly Banquets Event Order meetings and, where appropriate, sales meetings respecting the confidentiality of issues that may be discussed formally or informally.
- Ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic.
- Assist other departments as required during peak periods of demand
What you'll get in return
- Strong focus and passion for hotel operations
- Be available and flexible with working hours for Group arrivals and departures, night functions and family (this may include early mornings, evenings or weekends as required)
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Experience working in Hotels, Hospitality or Tourism
What you need to do now
- Opportunity to work on large functions and events in a population sunshine coast location.
- Meals included when you are on duty
- Travel and accommodation discounts
- Permanent full time opportunity
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ashley Cavanagh, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508