Your new company
Based in Perth, our client is a leading not-for-profit organisation who are passionate about decarbonising WA and making Western Australia a safer and cleaner place to live. Through building awareness and supporting local communities they are working towards creating a need strong climate policy that helps realise the renewable energy potential, diversifying the economy, creates thousands of jobs, and builds resilient, climate-clever communities.
Your new role
This role will see you manage and deliver company events, ranging from small online events to high- level meetings to conference-style events up to 200 people. You will work with key stakeholders from industry groups to government organisations. The primary responsibility for this role will be event management including:
- Sourcing and securing venues, meeting rooms, caterers, AV, production etc
- Managing contracts, invoicing, and budgets
- Sourcing and managing speakers
- Supporting the marketing of these events through social media, website promotion, advertising etc
- Being the main point of contact for events, dealing with enquiries, problem solving issues etc
In addition to the above, you will also help support company projects and provide operational support to the Director including:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assisting the Director and team to establish and management project management systems
- Support the Director to set up meetings with key stakeholders, diary management and setting agendas.
You will have experience in and/or an enthusiasm for working on one of the biggest issues of our time. You will be a strong team player, natural problem solver and highly organised. Other skills and experiences required include:
What you need to do now
- Demonstrated ability and experience in delivering events and functions
- A strong communicator with experience dealing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to work in fast paced environments.
- Great attention to detail with a keen ability to prioritise tasks and manage deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508