Your new company
This socially orientated department is responsible for developing policies and programmes ensure to social welfare of all Australian's are kept to a high standard. This centralised Media team is responsible for all media related work and enquires.
Your new role
Your new role will see you take a lead on all things Media during out of hours during the week and normal hours on weekends, shutdowns and public holidays. The duties will include:
- Manage all media activities which will include drafting media packs, speeches and talking points
- Work closely with policy & program areas to obtain information for media materials & products as requested.
- Oversee all media enquiries, including co-ordinating and providing response to media outlets & ministers offices.
- Proof read and edit communication material, ministers briefs, speeches & talking points.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will be a high-performing individual with demonstrated professional experience working as a media officer ideally within an APS setting. As well as this, you will have:
- Sound understanding of APS Media Protocols and experience in working closely with Ministers Offices
- A strong ability to work autonomously and proven experience to be able problem solve and work at efficient speeds.
- Demonstrated experienced in delivering media products such as talking points, speeches and other communication products.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to obtain & synthesise information from policy & program areas.
- A flexible attitude with the ability to work from 6pm - 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm weekends & during public holidays & shut down periods.
What you'll get in return
Additionally you're required to be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain and hold a police check & baseline security clearance.
For your hard work and dedication you will receive the following:
- An opportunity to showcase your skills to senior government officials
- The chance to work outside of the typical time frames of a normal working week offering flexibility at the highest degree.
- Be apart of a collaborative team however receive autonomy to work and manage your own priorities.
- A southside located office, close to public transport and parking however with the option to also work from the comfort of your home.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jayde Ashmore now on 61127636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508