Your new company
This agency aims to improve Australian's health outcomes through a digital approach to all health services and systems. This Corporate Services team is responsible for bringing together the corporate enabling services so that the agency are able to effectively deliver.
Your new role
Your new role as the Manager Media will see you responsible for both proactive and reactive media affairs as well as all public relations. You will also be responsible for:
What you'll need to succeed
- Distribution of workload and management of a small media team who drive positive media mentions across all channels
- Provide detailed analysis and recommendations for max optimisation on all platforms, including scheduling and project management.
- Drafting media products, including releases talking points and speeches.
- Provide advice to internal and external stakeholders across the department.
- Coordinate and respond to any media enquiries in collaboration with business areas,
- Foster and be able to work in a collaborative approach with the media sector, government bodies and ministerial offices.
As well as being an experienced public servant with great leadership skills you will possess the following skills & attributes:
- Strong stakeholder engagement for both internal and external communication and with the ability to manage conflicting positions.
- Established management skills and the ability to take carriage of at least two direct reports.
- The ability to undertake media activities with an awareness of their possible impacts on the strategic, operational of the agency as a whole.
- Demonstrated experience within a media corporate services team and understanding the products on offer.
In order to be considered for this position you must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a police check and security clearance.
What you'll get in return
Candidates who are permanently engaged with the APS are encouraged to apply.
In return for your hard work & dedication you will be rewarded with:
What you need to do now
- An 12 month non-ongoing contract or for the right APS candidate a section 26 opportunity.
- Ability to showcase your skills to senior executives within a progressive agency
- A flexible and welcoming work place who support all to reach full potential.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jayde Ashmore now on 61127636
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508