Your new company
Hays is currently partnered with a government agency to recruit an EL1 Finance Modeller in a temporary capacity.
Your new role
This role is an important team leadership position and will have delegated authority and responsibility to resolve issues and risks across wide-ranging activities. The position is responsible for actively managing key internal and external stakeholder relationships and may be required to represent and negotiate on behalf of the agency.
Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Providing technical accounting advice and briefing to the Agency by navigating the Australian Accounting Standards and applicable government financial reporting rules and frameworks.
- Reviewing and managing components of the Agency’s trial balance using Systems Applications and Products software (SAP), providing monthly and annual reporting in Central Budget Management System (CBMS) to the Department of Finance.
- Delivering the Agency’s Budget.
- Taking a lead role in the preparation of the Agency’s financial statements and liaising with the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) in relation to audit matters.
- Delivering various month end financial reporting and analysis.
- Partnering with other teams both within and external to the branch to provide technical and general accounting and finance advice.
- Delivering various Finance projects and costings.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance management.
- Extensive direct finance experience performing and delivering complex financial and governance outcomes.
- Membership with the CPA or other equivalent professional finance bodies.
- Ability to coherently express complex concepts both orally and in writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
Due to the nature of our client, for this role you MUST be an Australian Citizen.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate of $585 per day plus super, an initial 12-month contract with the possibility of an extension and full-time hours.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
What you need to do now
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information about this role, please contact:
Ryan Twose T: 03 5226 8000 E: Ryan.Twose@hays.com.au
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.LHS 297508