Your new company
This is a large central department that oversees policy and strategic planning. It is located North-side and provides a friendly environment where you can further develop your skills.
Your new role
Your new role This agency is looking for someone to join their Professionalisation team and provide advice and training around procurement and contract management matters. This role offers an exciting opportunity to progress your career and train others within the procurement and contract areas. This role is responsible for:
- Engage and collaborate with key stakeholders to achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation.
What you'll need to succeed
- Acquire in-depth knowledge and compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks, guidelines and regulations, and identify roles and responsibilities in relation to procurement.
- Work with a level of independence under broad direction and take responsibility for team outcomes, monitoring progress and following through to deliver quality outcomes and products – at times in tight timeframes.
- Lead strategic planning for training priorities and make decisions that are based on professional judgement and evaluating risks.
- Work with Learning and Development and subject matter experts to achieve targeted training for decision makers.
In this role the successful candidate will possess:
What you'll get in return
- Knowledge of the processing practices, policy settings, and quality assurance practices in order to properly understand training needs and conduct training needs analysis in accordance with the department's Learning and Development Policy and the Vocational Training Pathway.
- Knowledge or experience with Learning and Development processes and systems in order to facilitate, design, develop, implement and evaluate training.
- Knowledge of the financial management systems and procurement and contract management experience.
In this role you will work as part of a small team to ensure consistency and quality of decision making nationally and globally.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Tess Johnson on 026112 7672 or email Tess.Johnson@hays.com.au.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508