Your new company
Large Federal Government Departments are looking for an APS6 and EL1 Budget Officer (external)
Your new role
As a Budget Officer you will perform a range of duties to support the team to deliver advice and services in relation to the Commonwealth Budget process. You will need to have experience with external budgeting matters and responsibilities.
- providing advice and support to business areas on the development of NPPs, costings and detailed costing justifications
- analysing, reviewing and managing program estimate and costing models to support the preparing the department’s forward estimates, including maintaining timely and accurate estimates in Budget systems (CBMS-R and TM1)
- supporting the preparation of Budget publications including the Portfolio Budget Statements and Additional Estimates Statements
- providing technical advice and support on matters relating to the Australian Government Resource Management Framework, including the Commonwealth Budget process and to support briefings and responses to Ministerial correspondence
- supporting the development of briefing packages and drafting correspondence and submissions relating to the Budget process (e.g. Portfolio Budget Submission, Portfolio Budget Priorities Letter, etc.)
- supporting the development of responses to ad hoc queries from the Ministers’ Offices and central agencies liaising with internal stakeholders, portfolio entities and central agencies on Budget matters
EL1 role may include supervision of budget officers within a small team. Also include development of input and analysis to shape the provision of high quality advice in both written and verbal form to the portfolio’s Ministers and the department’s senior executive.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Understanding of the Australian Government Federal Budget, Cabinet Processes, and financial management
- Strong initiative to contribute to the team and apply judgement and discretion
- Ability to achieve results and deliver outcomes within short timeframes
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to achieve outcomes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and
- Sound analytical skills
- Baseline security clearance
Ongoing permanent position. APS6 - $91k to $100k plus 15.4% super. EL1 - $112k - $124k plus 15.4% super. Flexible working arrangements
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For further information, please feel free to contact Nathan Malcolm on (02) 6112 7652 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]LHS 297508