Your new company
Our client is state owned corporation who delivers essential electricity to millions of homes across Western Australia.
Your new role
As the Economic Regulation Area Manager, you are accountable for managing a team of regulatory experts and delivery of quality regulatory submissions (including Access Arrangements and pricing proposals) and assisting the Leadership Team to deliver strategic objectives.
Key objectives include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Accountable for developing pricing strategies for both regulated and non-regulated services
- Accountable for service standard benchmark, revenue & pricing modelling and scenario analysis
- Accountable for the preparation of annual price lists to meet regulatory timeframes
- Accountable for monitoring and reporting other regulatory performance obligations in line with the Electricity Access Code.
- Accountable for managing the relationship with the economic department of the Economic Regulation Authority
- Contribute to and support the development of work scopes and investment cases in line with regulatory frameworks
- Providing regulatory advice to internal and external stakeholders
What you'll get in return
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Commerce or equivalent discipline
- A deep knowledge of regulatory businesses requiring an advanced understanding of diverse regulatory practices and principles
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Significant commercial experience in a large corporate environment
- A demonstrated understanding of the regulatory framework in which a Utility operates and the link between business decisions and the impact on the regulatory outcomes
- Strong business acumen, comprehensive analytical skills and exposure to risk management and governance processes
This is a rare opportunity to make your name in the Economic Regulation space. This role will lead and develop team capability, as well as elevating their current scope of work. On offer is a base salary paying up to $200k, hybrid working options, personal development programs and a pathway to the senior leadership team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508