Your new company
This company is passionate about Canberra and is a large contributor to shaping its future. They are a unique, fully integrated business with diverse capabilities with a reputation for going above and beyond what’s expected in every way, including design, construction, sustainability, products, etc. With each new project they raise the bar and efficiently create luxury and dynamic communities. Consistently going from strength to strength, they are once again expanding their team and are looking for a talented and experienced Draftsperson to join their team.
Your new role
Your primary function will include analysing drawings and designing based on specifications as well as regularly liaising with Project Managers, Architects and Engineers. A large portion of your day will be dedicated to providing documentation utilising Revit for all stages of projects on large residential developments within Canberra. You will be working closely with talented industry professionals to ensure projects are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner whilst maintaining the companies iconic design brand and high design standards. This includes ensuring the quality of projects respond to market demands and reflect sales department’s requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Work with Project Architect and other draftsperson to create high quality tender and construction drawing packages
- Create and modify Building Information Models and content included therein to defined modelling standards
- Extract schedules and other associated data from the Building Information Model
- Implement changes resulting from resolution of design issues and clash-detection of the 3D models
What you'll get in return
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in building design / drafting
- Immediate practical knowledge of Revit
- Complete in full, the documentation process and also the coordination and management of projects at this stage
- Demonstrated experience in either multi-residential, mixed-use residential and/or high rise, paired with a solid understanding of ACT planning controls and building regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time as well as strong communication and a solid technical understanding is crucial.
This company works together to build the nation’s capital and in return offers training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and help you pursue your career ambitions. You will have the opportunity to work on remarkable projects, growing your portfolio, your brand, your professional skills and personal capabilities. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity you will not want to miss!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please call Tayla Bennett on 02 6112 7617 or email Tayla.firstname.lastname@example.org If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in the construction space, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508