Your new company
Kesser Torah College (KTC) is a child-centred, learning-driven Jewish Orthodox Independent school catering for 500 students from Early Childhood to Year 12. The college has a strong commitment to enhancing academic and extra-curricular learning for each child as an individual and providing the highest quality Jewish and Secular education and pastoral care.
Your new role
The Director of Teaching and Learning is a senior management position reporting directly to the Principal. In this role you are responsible for the coordination and implementation of the General Studies (NESA) program and the smooth day-to-day running of the high school. This is a multifaceted leadership role requiring strong curriculum expertise, excellent administrative leadership skills and outstanding people skills.
You will work closely with the wider leadership team including Head of Welfare, Head of Jewish Studies, Head of Primary School and a team of High School Year Coordinators. Your direct reports will include Heads of Department, Learning Support, Class Teachers, Careers Advisor, Timetable Administrator and the Daily Organiser.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this position you will:
What you'll get in return
- Be an outstanding educational leader and exemplary teacher with experience in teaching at HSC level or equivalent.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels including, staff, students and parents
- Have a strong commitment to innovative pedagogy and academic excellence
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve conflict with tact and diplomacy and to strive continually for a “win-win” outcome wherever possible.
- Have an excellent understanding of NESA’s policies, protocols, reporting and curriculum expectations.
- Have a “can do” attitude and be a “hands-on” proactive team-player.
- Understand the importance of attracting and retaining quality teachers by maintaining an excellent teaching and learning environment through a supportive and positive team environment.
- Have exceptional time management and organisational skills.
This is a full-time position commencing either with the start of term 4 or with the start of the 2023 school year. You will enjoy seeing teachers and students achieve excellent outcomes and enjoy working in a school committed to quality outcomes. You will love working in a school with a strong sense of community. This is a senior management position and offers attractive remuneration commensurate to experience.
What you need to do now
To explore this position further please contact Lincoln Gould at Hays Education and you will be provided with a full detailed job description and confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity. E email@example.com T 02 8226 9769LHS 297508