Your new company
This SA Government Department is based in the Adelaide CBD and they are in the lookout for Desktop Support Officer to join their team for a 6-month contract.
Your new role
The Desktop Support Officer is responsible for providing level 3 or level 4 support for desktop and mobile device incident and service requests. This role also provides frontline assistance and advice to our business and is pivotal to the division’s success. The key duties and responsibilities are as below.
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide on-site or virtual technical support services for clients and employees in business environments
- Install and upgrade hardware and software systems
- Create and maintain technical documentation and manuals (i.e. work instructions, user guides and templates)
- Manage Standard Operations Environment
- Increase use of automation and workflow
- Roll out, manage, and configure new desktop applications
- Manage anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests and identify root cause
- Record technical issues and provide solutions
- Work within and support department’s policies and procedures.
What you need to do now
- Strong experience and understanding of Microsoft operating system and productivity suites such as:
- Windows 10.11
- Office 2010, 2013, M365.
- Strong experience and understanding of PC imaging technology and systems, including Microsoft System Centre and Microsoft Service Manager
- Understanding of iOS and Android devices
- Understanding multi-function printers and scanning devices
- Understanding of Objective document management systems.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Ravindu Tharuka on (08) 7221 4181 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508