Your new company
Your new position will be within one of the leading federal government institutes in NSW with a head office in Canberra. The organization is currently embarking on a cyber security uplift program and requires resource to assist with this program of work.
Your new role
As a Security specialist you will be responsible for undertaking cyber security assessments and providing advice to the organization in order to improve security posture and develop security related tools to provide a secure, reliable and scalable environment. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in technical components of cyber security and will be able to expand those skills to a wide range of situations. The diverse nature of Government agencies and their varying roles requires specialist skills in multiple areas of technology and cyber security.
What you'll need to succeed
As well as in-depth understanding of cyber technologies, policies and principals you will be required to possess the following skills/experience:
What you'll get in return
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Cyber security advisory role
- Valid NV1 clearance is essential to be considered for the role
- Demonstrated experience working with a security focus on enterprise systems
- Strong Vendor management skills
- Experience with implementing one or more of the Essential Eight Mitigation Strategies and other related security control
- Demonstrated experience with scripting or development to automate system administration or vulnerability assessment tasks, or to implement tools to assist with assessing or remediating cyber risk
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud systems, such as AWS or Azure
You will be rewarded with a 12-month contract and a very attractive daily rate with one of the leading Federal government institutes in NSW with a possibility of extension. This role will offer the possibility of flexible work and may have occasional travel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Diarmuid.firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:Diarmuid.email@example.com] or call me on 0292492252. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508