This blue chip Global Mining client has a number of exciting Major Projects currently in the pipeline. They currently have a new vacancy in their Projects, Contracts and Procurement team. Reporting to the Superintendent and working as an integrated member of the Major Projects team, you will provide ongoing commercial support and guidance for both front end procurement and existing contract packages.
The successful candidate will look after:
- Development of strategies, undertake sourcing, execute new contracts and manage contract variations compliant with the company standards;
- Monitor performance of work under contract at both project and portfolio levels in line with contracted Key Performance Indicators;
- Manage the documentation and review/approval process for the execution of variation/amendment requests for contracts to company guidelines;
- Escalate contractual issues to relevant stakeholders and coordinate the resolution process including the facilitation and resolution of issues arising from claims, invoicing and rebates.
About you You will have previous project experience gained in heavy construction, either with a contractor or mining or energy client. You will have the opportunity to utilise your advanced engagement and collaboration skills in managing stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions;
- Significant stakeholder management experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills;
- Experience with establishing engineering and construction agreements;
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project.
This role will start initially on a generous day rate ($800+) and may well, in time become a staff role for the right person.LHS 297508