Specialist – Project Contracts & Procurement
Reporting to the Superintendent and working as an integrated member of the WA Projects team, the Specialist will provide ongoing commercial support and guidance for both front end procurement and existing contract packages.
A core focus of this roles will be delivering end to end contract management and as part of this role you will be expected to foster collaborative relationships both internally and with external parties for the successful delivery of WA Projects.
The successful candidate will look after:
- Development of strategies, undertake sourcing, execute new contracts and manage contract variations compliant with the company standards;
- Monitor performance of work under contract at both project and portfolio levels in line with contracted Key Performance Indicators;
- Manage the documentation and review/approval process for the execution of variation/amendment requests for contracts to company guidelines;
- Escalate contractual issues to relevant stakeholders and coordinate the resolution process including the facilitation and resolution of issues arising from claims, invoicing and rebates.
Ideally, you will hold a relevant qualification or proven experience in projects within the mining and minerals processing or energy industries. You will have the opportunity to utilise your advanced engagement and collaboration skills in managing stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills;
- Experience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions; Significant stakeholder management experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills;
- Experience with establishing engineering and construction agreements;
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project. SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is highly regarded.
- Accreditation by (or working towards accreditation by) a recognised professional body (e.g. RICS, CIPS etc.) is highly regarded.
This role is offered on a flexible working week including work from home and there is an option for part time.LHS 297508