Your new company
Our client, a successful national company specialised in commercial construction projects, is recruiting an experienced Contract Administrator to join its team in Darwin and work on various projects.
Your new role
You will be responsible to administer the contracts between the company and its clients as well as between the company and its subcontractors. You will assist the team in the delivery of projects to meet the clients’ expectations for quality and safety within the agreed time frame and budget. This is a permanent, full-time role based in Darwin.
Your key responsibilities will be:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage the Head contract and all Subcontract agreements, identify and report on all risks and opportunities within the project and how to manage them within budget.
- Review and assess the RFI notices, the Head and Subcontract Progress claims and variation claims to ensure their validity and accordance with the contract conditions and assist with Procurement.
- Evaluate and review all project reports as well as working drawings and specification for preparation of subcontract scopes of work.
- Forecast final project outcomes and cost estimation for review and approval by the Construction Manager.
- Manage, prepare, or obtain the project documentation: BG’s, insurance, project plans, permits, licenses and approvals.
- Monitor the delivery of projects with updated schedules and assist the Construction Manager and the Site Manager to ensure that projects comply with statutory approvals, building codes and legislation.
What you'll get in return
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is desirable e.g., Bachelor Construction Management and Economics, Quantity Surveying, Diploma Building & Construction, etc.
- Previous experience in a similar role working on Commercial construction projects (shopping centres, schools, universities, high rise buildings).
- Excellent oral, written communication and analytical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Strong computer literacy and experience in using Procore Project Management software or similar.
You will join a highly skilled team in one of the leading companies in the sector and participate in ambitious commercial projects in the Darwin area. Competitive salary package on offer for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Victor LAURENT at Hays on 0889436036 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508