Your new company
This Federal Government Department deliver free and confidential nation-wide counselling and support for service-related mental health conditions. They are now seeking a Clinical Case Manager (Psychologist, Social Worker, Registered Nurse, Mental Health Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist) to join their Coordinated Client Support Team in a full-time capacity on a 12 month initial contract.
This program is specialised, goal oriented case management aimed at streamlining communication between the department, external stakeholders (including treating health professionals, ex-service organisations and advocates) and clients who require an additional level of support. The CCS program delivers support for clients across all aspects of the department, through a primary point of contact. The program is in line with three key strategies of being a client-focused, responsive and connected organisation. The case managers handle a caseload which is regularly reviewed against established goals and outcome measures.
Your new role
In your new role, you will be handling a complex clinical caseload, providing support and guidance to vulnerable individuals and their families. As a primary point of contact, you will be working with a variety of clients experiencing mental health challenges and supporting their access to various services. This is a high volume case management role. Key responsibilities include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Act as a single point of contact for those in your caseload
- Complete intake and assessments for new clients
- Develop risk management plans for at risk clients and escalating high risk profiles when needed
- Liaise with a wide variety of personal including internal stakeholders, service providers and community groups
- Utilising subject matter expertise to support non-clinical staff
- Provide specialised case management and clinical expertise
- Providing support over the phone and virtually to clients
- Maintaining detailed and accurate case notes in line with requirements
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have proven experience in a complex case management environment. This position requires an experienced case manager who has managed a high-volume complex caseloads supporting vulnerable clients. Key requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- Must be an AHPRA registered Psychologist, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist, or AASW Social Worker
- Proven high volume case management experience
- Ability to assist and support management with complex caseloads
- Effective written ability to complete case notes and reports
- Significant experience performing triage and risk assessments
- Must be an Australian Citizen
In return for your commitment to this role, you will be offered an initial 12-month assignment with possibility of extension. You will also receive an excellent casual hourly rate that aligns with your clinical and professional expertise. Key benefits include:
What you need to do now
- Excellent casual hourly rate
- Flexible working options
- Long term government assignment
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
03 9946 3560