Your new company
Your new company has one main purpose “ Partnering with the community to protect, improve and create our future”. You will be working in the Public Sector as part of an exciting team and you will be working on the Councils up and coming projects. This council strives to innovate in a way that continuously improves Council’s delivery of information services and promotes active participation and engagement across the whole community.
Your new role
Reporting to the Manager, Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Officer is to deliver community engagement processes across Council to meet their strategic objectives. This includes developing and implementing community engagement plans for complex and diverse projects, supporting operational systems and processes and maintaining digital platforms, including reporting tools.
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide professional and expert advice to project teams in developing highly effective engagement plans.
- Support participants by providing relevant information to encourage meaningful participation in Council’s Your Say projects.
- Maintain and support project webpages and the community engagement register.
- Support the development of briefs for projects, including selection and coordination of external consultants and contractors.
- Champion and contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic Community Engagement framework and help develop mechanisms that advance Council’s community engagement effectiveness.
- Develop innovative engagement strategies to increase participation and connect with hard-to-reach groups
- Liaise effectively and develop strategic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve a consistent approach to community engagement
- Maintain a current working knowledge of relevant industry developments, legislation and practice in relation to Community Engagement.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice on the resolution of major issues.
Capabilities and Knowledge
- Experience as practitioner that has worked on major infrastructure or asset projects
- Preferably have IAP2 qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, social science or relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in developing engagement plans and managing complex and diverse community engagement projects
- Demonstrated experience working with online engagement platforms and CRMs.
- Experience using email marketing software and survey platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing of a wide range of community engagement tools and techniques.
- Current Class C (minimum) NSW Driver's License
- Excellent analytical and engagement systems skills including developing and managing online engagement tools, content management systems and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of community engagement systems including the in-house Community Engagement Register (or similar), Your Say platforms, customer relationship management tools including Salesforce, web content management systems, and social research tools.
- Demonstrated data management, problem solving skills and analytical skills identifying business requirements and developing solutions
- Extensive direct experience in community engagement role.
- Experience in both private and public sectors.
- Knowledge and understanding of local government.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
- Flexible Working
- To be apart of an exciting team
- To work on new Council Projects
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com , or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508