Your new company
This diligent council, located in the North of Melbourne is dedicated to supporting the surrounding suburb’s community with consistently promoting wellness, environmental development and valuable notices. Particularly, this council key focuses lay with continuing to develop and grow a culture that reflects the visions and values of its greater council members. They are seeking a short-term Communications Officer to assist until end of September for an exciting 2-month opportunity (with potential to extend).
Your new role
Your role will be responsible for the governance, communications, and engagement
department, reporting under the Senior Communications Officer. Some of your
daily tasks will include the following:
· Media liaison – including proactively souring news stories within council and responding to media enquiries
· Research, writing and pitching media releases/stories to local and metropolitan media publications
· Writing, editing, and monitoring content for council’s social media sites inline with the Local Government Act and Council’s Community Engagement Policy
· Arrange and attend meetings with internal staff to plan proactive communications
· Create, maintain, and foster a safe working environment
you'll need to succeed
To be eligible for this position, you must be prepared to work 5 days a week at 36.25 hours. You must have an Australian Working Visa and a valid Working with Children Check.
Desirable skills for this role include:
· Experienced in working with the media
· High level communications and writing skills
· Publication editing and production experience
· Strong ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations
· Verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Previous experience working within Local or State Government environments.
What you will get in return
Your new position is offering $44-48 per hour + Superannuation. You will receive highly sought after council experience and opportunity to work with high profile members.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.