Your new company
This Department moves and connects people, places, goods, and services safely, efficiently, and effectively across Queensland. Their goal is to plan, manage and deliver Queensland's integrated transport environment to achieve sustainable transport solutions for road, rail, air and sea.
Your new role
This role will provide strategic communication services to technical and professional staff for community engagement, media relations, issues management, public affairs and stakeholder relationship management. The role is to advise on, develop/implement communication strategies and procedures to ensure effective communication outcomes for the district’s extensive Queensland Transport Infrastructure Program.
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Coordinate community engagement for projects in the district, including providing project managers with ongoing strategic communications advice, and developing and implementing communication strategies.
- Develop strategies for stakeholder and issue management and consult with a wide range of interest groups.
- Assist the Communication Team in providing communication advice and support to the Regional Leadership Team, managers, and other district staff in the areas of media and issues management, risk assessment, community engagement and communication strategies using appropriate communication tools.
- Manage the preparation of communications materials, including researching and writing media releases, ministerial briefings, newsletters, web enquiries, flyers, display materials, speech notes while adhering to all departmental and public governance framework requirements.
- Develop, plan and manage key communication activities such as displays, expos, career markets, road commissioning’s, launches, media opportunities and other events as required.
- Provide training, advice and support to district staff and consultants to enhance communication skills and improve relationships with key stakeholders and the community in the delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Develop and implement communication strategies, activities, procedures and policies which assist the district to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Manager and coordinate the preparation, review, approval and distribution of non-project related executive correspondence for the district.
- While qualifications are not mandatory, a degree in communications, public relations or journalism would be highly desirable.
What you need to do now
- Experience in a strategic communication or a community engagement role in an environment dealing with major infrastructure projects, particularly in the transport or civil engineering sector, would be highly regarded.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508