Your new company
This Department moves and connects people, places, goods, and services safely, efficiently, and effectively across Queensland. Their goal is to plan, manage and deliver Queensland's integrated transport environment to achieve sustainable transport solutions for road, rail, air and sea.
Your new role
In the role of Communications Officer, you will actively participate as a member of the Communications Team to advise on, develop, implement and provide communications services for community engagement, stakeholder relationship management, issues management, media relations, executive correspondence and internal communications to ensure effective relationship outcomes for the North Coast Region.
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist the Communications Team provide communications advice and support to regional staff on risk assessment, issues management, community consultation and communications strategies using appropriate communication tools.
- Coordinate and write media statements, responses to media inquiries, speech notes and other communication material for the Minister’s office and senior management.
- Assist with and undertake community engagement and stakeholder consultation activities during project development and delivery.
- Develop and implement communications strategies and activities which assist the region to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Gather information and write articles for various publications, including staff magazines, newsletters and information brochures, and prepare promotional materials.
- Coordinate and update the content of the region’s communication intranet and internet pages to ensure relevance to projects and initiatives.
What you'll get in return
- While qualifications are not mandatory, a degree in communications, public relations or journalism would be highly desirable.
- Experience in a community engagement role in an environment dealing with major infrastructure projects, particularly in the transport or civil engineering sector, will also be highly regarded.
- Understanding of community engagement practices to develop effective public consultation activities and maintain stakeholder relations.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of public relations strategies to deliver effective corporate communication activities at a regional level.
You will work with a team of experts in their field and have the ability to impact major projects across the Sunshine Coast.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Ashley Cavanagh, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.LHS 297508